The pain of a divorce affects not just your emotional state, but the chi energy in the home you shared with your spouse. You can reestablish emotional balance and harmony by inviting emotionally healing auspicious energies and to replace negative (sha) chi generated by your break up.
The first thing you'll want to do is get rid of things that evoke a negative response or memory. These items should be moved out of your home. If you can't bring yourself to give them up, then store them off-site in a storage unit. The goal is to remove the energies associated with the items from your living space and break from your daily life.
Get Rid of Clutter
The first feng shui rule of getting rid of negative and stagnant chi energy is to declutter. This includes more than just stacks of papers and cluttered drawers. It also includes cleaning floors, rugs, furniture, windows, and appliances.
Cleansing Your Space
There are a few techniques you can use to cleanse your home of all negative energies. Even if you're moving into a new home, you'll want to conduct a cleansing of the space.
- Singing Bowl: This ancient tool is ideal for cleansing and clearing a space. Move from room to room with the singing bowl. This will clear negative energy.
- Clapping: You can release stagnant chi by clapping your hands together loudly in the corners of every room.
- Bells: You can also ring one or two bells to clear out negative energy. Begin at the center of your home and then move to the right of the front door. Move through your home in a clockwise direction going from room to room. You want to end up left of the front door. Open the front door and stand facing out the door. Ring the bell to send all the negative chi energy out of your home.
Restore Balance and Harmony With Elements
Go through each sector in your home and place one item/object representative of the element that governs that sector.
Metal controls this sector of descendants luck. Children suffer after a divorce, too, so if you have children, activate this area to help restore balance to their lives and yours them. Choose your favorite photo of just you and them to place in a silver or gold metal frame.
The east sector governs health. This can be physical, mental and emotional health. Pay close attention to this area in your home. Wood governs this sector, and the colors assigned to it are green and brown. Activate this sector for healing chi energy.
- Refresh the east sector with a new coat of paint with a light, medium, or dark green or brown.
- Add several healthy green houseplants. Choose leaves that are oval or round in shape, avoiding any pointed leaves (which create poison arrows).
- Let the sunshine in and turn on the lights. Light attracts chi energy into a space.
- Play music that makes you happy and fills you with hope and love attracts chi energy.
The southwest is the love and relationship sector. While you may not be ready to seek a new romantic love, you certainly can invite other types of love relationships into your life. Bolster self-love as well by activating this sector with earth elements. This can be any type of pottery or ceramic objects or rose quartz and other crystals.
When you're ready to find love again, you can add a double happiness symbol, a pair of mandarin ducks or a pair of carved quartz hearts.
Healing After Divorce
Feng shui provides several avenues for healing and restoring balance after a divorce. You can activate auspicious chi energy in each sector to bring harmony back into your home and your life.