Feng shui literally means wind (feng) and water (shui). This science and art form strives to re-create the balance of nature within your own home. Once a closely guarded secret of the Chinese emperors, this 4,000-year-old way of placement was introduced to the Western world during the early 1990s. Since then, more and more people have discovered the beauty and benefits when arranging their home interiors according to feng shui principles.
Feng Shui Essentials for Modern Living
Everyone living in the modern world can improve their lives by applying feng shui principles to their home. Some results can be nearly instant while others may take a little longer.
Harmony and Balance: Art of Placement
Living in balance and harmony with nature is the ultimate feng shui goal. The art of placement provides ways to arrange objects, furniture, and even landscaping to accomplish this while improving your life.
- For example, you can learn the best way to arrange your living room furniture to open up new opportunities.
- When you apply feng shui rules and principles, you can improve your finances, love life, health, and even your career. The quality of life can improve, and bad luck can be transformed to good luck.
Understanding Essentials of Feng Shui
One basic feng shui rule anyone can use today and get results is to get rid of clutter.
Clutter Is the Enemy
You may have heard that clutter is the enemy of feng shui. Decluttering is one of the most important feng shui rules since clutter makes everything become stagnant. Do you have dirty clothes piling up? Is the trash can in the kitchen overflowing? Are stacks of paper covering your desk? If so, it's easy to understand why finances are drying up or your job has hit a road block.
- Some things you may not consider clutter, such as dirty windows and burned out light bulbs, can have a major impact on different areas of your life.
- When you get rid of clutter, you immediately feel the difference the moment you walk in the door. A clutter free home opens new pathways for good luck and better opportunities.
You can also decide on the best colors to use in each room of your home by adhering to feng shui guidelines. Most people are familiar with painting the front door a specific color. Some people may not understand different colors are assigned to each compass direction. You can use these colors to reap the best possible results.
Feng Shui Enhances Specific Areas of Your Life
Feng shui offers various remedies and in some cases cures for specific situations in life.
- Some guidelines address how to attract a lover or improve a marriage.
- Having trouble with grades? There are several things you can add or change in your home to improve academic endeavors.
- Want a promotion or a better job? You can add specific objects and colors to accomplish this and more.
- Having financial issues? You guessed it, feng shui can provide several reasons why money keeps slipping through your fingers while offering numerous remedies to stop financial losses.
The list goes on and on with common everyday issues addressed by feng shui guidelines.
Feng Shui Proven to Work
The highly prized and guarded powerful science of feng shui escaped thousands of years in secrecy. You can now take full advantage of this proven way of life and capitalize on the benefits of living in balance with nature.