Feng shui is a system of spatial orientation and arrangement to help optimize the flow of energy, or chi in order to bring about positive change in various aspects of your life. It is an ancient Chinese art and philosophy that allows you to improve and balance the energy flow in the spaces where you live, work, and play. With some basic understanding of its principles, even beginners can adapt feng shui to bring positive shifts in their lives.
Getting Started With Feng Shui
The easiest way to bring feng shui into your spaces is to work with a feng shui consultant. However, even without a feng shui professional, you can begin to incorporate auspicious feng shui into your life.
The first step in creating good feng shui is to declutter your environment and keep it decluttered. Clutter in any area where you live (including closets), work, or play causes chi energy to stagnate instead of allowing it to flow freely. Therefore, reducing clutter in all of your spaces is essential. Decluttering is perhaps the single most important task you can perform to improve feng shui, and it's easy to do.
- Follow these simple tips to clean out your closets, drawers, and cupboards.
- Use a decluttering checklist to help you reduce clutter in your life.
- Chunk the task of decluttering, taking on a single room or section of your home at a time to keep from becoming overwhelmed.
- Follow simple tips for decluttering all your spaces.
- Begin decluttering in your home, but then move on to other aspects and spaces in your life, such as your office or career.
Learn the Basics
Feng shui has some basic concepts and tips that are easy to learn and implement.
- Follow this essential guide to the basics of feng shui.
- Familiarize yourself with feng shui beginner basic concepts.
- Learn the basic energy rules associated with feng shui.
- Take the time to understand basics of energy balance, such as yin and yang and the five feng shui elements, earth, fire, water, wood, and metal.
- Feng shui is based on principles of Taoism, so learning some simple Taoist concepts might also help.
- Understand the different types of feng shui so you can settle on one to work with.
Change Your Luck
Next, follow some basic feng shui tips for changing your luck.
- Understand what causes bad luck in feng shui and correct it.
- See if you're making any of these 7 basic feng shui mistakes and correct them.
- Find your feng shui lucky numbers and Kua numbers and incorporate them into your life.
- Minimize negativity using feng shui to make more space for positivity and luck.
Place Objects With Intention
Once you've got the basics down, you can begin to use feng shui with intention.
- Discover how to use a bagua map to define the power sectors of your spaces and activate them.
- Follow vital feng shui rules for object placement.
- Follow these top ten feng shui quick tips.
- Make sure your home has adequate lighting to eliminate dark corners where chi can stagnate.
- Be mindful with how you place mirrors in your home and office to ensure good energy flow.
- Move beyond living and working spaces to apply feng shui principles to your car.
Use the Ancient Art of Feng Shui in a Modern World
Feng shui may be an ancient art, but it still has many practical applications in today's world. And while the study of feng shui may take years to master, that doesn't mean you can't start using it today. Even if you are a beginner, you can use the basic feng shui concepts to help chi energy flow more freely in the spaces you inhabit.