Yin and yang in fashion is a mixture of clothing with the yin-yang symbol and a fresh approach to your wardrobe. This fashion style provides a reminder to maintain daily harmony and balance.
Logo On the Move
The popularity of feng shui and the Chinese philosophy of balance and harmony has ushered in a new-aged style of fashion that uses the yin-yang symbol. Designers often discreetly place the symbol on the hem of a sleeve or on a shoe amid other symbols. Other times the logo is bold and in-your-face with stylistic artist renderings that mix animals with the yin-yang symbol of oneness.
Clothing With Yin-Yang Symbol
Perhaps you seek a piece of clothing that makes a statement without the billboard-style of advertising so often found on t-shirts and tops. yin-yang logos can reflect your longing to achieve that state of oneness where the unity of opposites finds balance and harmony. Maybe you want to purchase a yin-yang logo top to wear during your yoga practice or when you meditate. Perhaps you want a yin-yang symbol t-shirt because you simply like the logo.
The popularity of the yin-yang sign in fashion gives you many choices. You can select from a large array of t-shirts and tops with various styles of the ancient symbol. Designers often stylize many of the drawings with additional symbolism such as the combination of the yin-yang with koi.
Yin-Yang Sign: Good Focal Object
Whether you're in the process of learning to find balance within yourself and your home or just starting to learn about feng shui, the yin-yang message is a powerful one. Having the emblem where you can readily see it serves as an excellent focal point during meditation. It can serve as a reminder throughout the day when you're dealing with the stress of everyday life that yin and yang make up the energy of life - chi. The way to utilize its power is by achieving the balance of those very opposite forces.
The Art of Symbolism
The ancient yin-yang symbol is a concise depiction of male (yang) and female (yin) energies. When these two dynamic forces are in balance, it achieves harmony. This oneness is the ultimate state of being.
White and Black Yin-Yang Outfits
The yin-yang energy flows in a clockwise pattern with the white (yang) on the left and the tear drop ascending to the top of the circle. The black teardrop (yin) descends to the right with the tail at the top and the bulb shape at the bottom. This creates a clockwise movement of the two teardrops. Each has a smaller circle of the opposite color that resembles an eye to complete the symbol of oneness.
Yin and Yang In Fashion
There's a new wave of applying the philosophy of yin and yang to your wardrobe as a way to achieve several goals when it comes to your fashion sense.
Closet Clutter: Bad Wardrobe Feng Shui
When applying feng shui principles of yin and yang energies to how you and your family dress, start with the closets. The first thing any fashion buff needs to do is declutter and reorganize. This doesn't just make your life easier when it comes to getting dressed, it also frees up the stagnant chi trapped in your disorganized closet.
Balancing Your Wardrobe
You want to bring harmony to your wardrobe so you feel better and you reflect the inner balancing act you've managed to achieve. Color plays an important part to how you feel about yourself and so does style and comfort. Go through your clothes and donate anything that doesn't fit to your favorite charity Faded colors or clothing in disrepair should be repaired or recycled. Use the same feng shui principles you apply to your home as guidelines for your wardrobe. Remember, you want to achieve that perfect balance between function, form and design. That means colors, textures, and fabrics need to blend in a final look of harmony. It's simplistic, like all feng shui principles and just as effective when you practice on a consistent basis.
Finding Yin Yang Symbol in Clothing
One of the unique ways the yin-yang symbol is sometimes used is by substituting the traditional black and white colors with other colors. One remains a lighter hue to depict yang and the other is darker for yin energy to lend authenticity in the overall style of the symbol.
T-Shirts For Everyone
T-shirts are a comfortable casual article of clothing and the addition of a yin-yang sign can transform a plain piece of clothing into something special.
- Yin Yang Tie-Dye T-Shirt: The yin-yang symbol is illustrated as planet Earth in adult sizes S, M, L, X-L and XX -L.
- Stylized Symbol T-Shirt: Yin yang black and white symbol on a black T-shirt is available in men's sizes S, M, L, XL, 2X, and 3XL, women's sizes
S, M, L and XL and youth sizes 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12.
- Socks With Sign: Organic cotton Fairtrade socks with the yin-yang symbol are available in white, raspberry and green-gray in sizes small and large.
- Green Camouflaged Shirt: Green camouflage yin-yang symbol is available in lemon, olive, brown, navy and black t-shirts for men, women and youth in sizes S, M, L, X-L, XX-L, and 3XL.
- Sideways Logo: The T-shirt with a sideways yin-yang symbol displayed on the back is available in several colors and sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, 2X and 3XL.
Psychedelic Baseball Hat: This brushed cotton baseball hat displays a neon-colored yin-yang sign.
- Yin Yang Tie-Dye T-Shirt: This black and white tie dye T-shirt is made to order in 100% cotton that is pre-shrunk and presoaked. Available in sizes S, M, L, XL and 2X.
- Koi T: A koi-shaped yin-yang symbol is featured on this T-shirt and is available in multiple color choices in sizes S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3XL, 4XL and 5XL.
- Tiger Yin Yang: The yin-yang symbol features two tigers printed on a black graphic T-shirt in sizes S, M, L, XL and 2XL.
- Fitted T-Shirt: This scoop-neck T-shirt features an oversized yin-yang drawing in T-shirt colors white, charcoal and hot pink. Available in S, M, L, XL and 2XL.
- Yoga Tank: This yin-yang tank top features a mandala design in gold on white and white on black. One size fits women sizes 4 through 8.
- V-Neck T-Shirt: The yin-yang symbol features the peace sign set on a blue background and available in sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL.
Symbol and Animal Combination
Some clothing items have a symbol with an animal superimposed within the sign to make an interesting and unique way to display the yin-yang sign.
- Dragon and Tiger T: The yin-yang symbol features the auspicious dragon and tiger combination and is available for men, women, kids, maternity and baby sizes ranging from S, M, L, XL, 2XL to 3XL.
The symbol of yin and yang in fashion makes a statement about your interest in feng shui principles through which you can create a balanced life. Wearing this auspicious symbol reinforces the harmonious energies of this symbol.