If you're planning to learn how to use feng shui principles for your bedroom, career, money and various other sectors of your home, then you need some basic guidelines. Since the bedroom is the room where you spend the majority of your precious private time, it has a powerful influence on other aspects of your life.
The Importance of Feng Shui in the Bedroom
The bedroom is an obvious respite from a tiresome world for many reasons: It provides comfort, warmth and familiarity in the face of great stress, hard work and exhaustion. Though you collapse into bed, you find solace in the fact that the bedroom is one area you've put time and energy into creating it as something that reflects your personal choices and tastes.
While it's certainly wonderful to have a room full of the furniture of your dreams, it's even more important to address the feng shui characteristics of your bedroom. As pleasing as material items are, the placement of certain items, the colors and even the materials can make an enormous difference in the state of your life affairs. Simply put, feng shui in the bedroom bears fruit for those who know how to use it in practical every day ways.
Learn How to Feng Shui the Bedroom: Career, Money and Other Benefits
Feng shui in the bedroom can bring new and unexpected harmony to life. The benefits range from the financial to the professional to the romantic. Before you set your expectations too high, though, you must learn the basics of feng shui bedroom design so career, money and other types of rewards can manifest in your life.
What to Do
- Your bed should be placed in the "command" position or far away from and unaligned with the door. The door should be visible from the bed. This placement encourages the natural flow of chi, which in turn promotes restfulness, sleep and motivation; all of which are conducive to a successful professional life.
- Early to bed, early to rise and to enjoy the sunlight. Natural light is the ideal way to start the day, not only because it releases such positive energy, but also because it raises serotonin levels, which can make your workday more productive.
What Not to Do
- Don't place clutter of any kind, especially work-related items,underneath the bed. Any type of mess has its own unique, negative energy that can disturb everything from sleep to health.
- Don't place a desk in the bedroom. If this is unavoidable, then don't pile the desk with paperwork, bills and other work or finance related items. If these items must be in the bedroom, use a fabric or a folding screen to separate the area from the rest of your bedroom, which should be your resting area.
Encourage Career Growth
While the right design tips will go a long way in positively influencing your professional life, several elements and objects in particular encourage growth in this area. They include:
- Water has a powerful effect on career growth in feng shui. Its dual energy and serenity mirrors the very qualities necessary for a successful professional path. Despite that, its presence in the bedroom is generally frowned upon since it generates too much yang energy. Place a small table fountain or an elegant piece of artwork depicting water in your home office or North sector of your home, but never in the bedroom.
- Mirrors are equally beneficial as they relate to careers and feng shui. However, they should not directly face the bed since they can drain your energy. Mirrors are also associated with the water element, which shouldn't be placed in a bedroom. According feng shui guru Lillian Too, the purpose of mirrors is to reflect negative chi energy away from you.
- Yellow is a stimulating color that easily keeps your brain focused, while green is exceptionally calming.
Encourage Financial Prosperity
As with the career aspect, several specific elements encourage financial prosperity and wealth. They include:
- Colors like red, purple and gold are heavily associated with wealth. However, these colors are dramatic and deep, and hence should not be used in abundance. Instead, use them as creative accent pieces for your bedroom's gentle color scheme. Lampshades, candles and small trinkets are excellent items to touch with these brilliant hues.
Keep in Mind
While the aesthetic elements are the first things generally noticed in a bedroom, the most important feature is truly the position of the bed. The key to success in both finance and career is to increase the amount of positive energy in your life. This can only be accomplished if your bed is stable and supported by a strong headboard to protect your personal chi as you sleep.