Using Epsom salts can help purify energy or remove negative chi. Consider performing this powerful feng shui cure if you're struggling with stagnant or negative energy in the spaces where you work or live.
Burning Epsom Salt for Purification
You can burn Epsom salts to purify or improve the chi of a space. Salt burning deeply cleanses the energy of a space but because it involves fire, but you need to be very careful when following the directions. Burn Epsom salts after any incidence that causes extreme negative energy, such as following illness or death, or when you move into a new home or workspace.
What You'll Need to Burn Epsom Salt
To perform this cure, gather the following.
- A small disposable aluminum bread pan for each room you want to cleanse
- One large aluminum pan (the turkey-size kind)
- Trivet or non-incendiary silicon mat
- 1/4 cup Epsom salts
- 3 tablespoons rubbing alcohol (91 percent isopropyl alcohol)
- Long wooden match or candle taper lighter
Instructions for Burning Epsom Salts
To burn the salt, do the following.
- Place salt in pile in the small bread pan.
- Pour the isopropyl alcohol over the salt, saturating it completely.
- Place the bread pan inside the larger pan and put it on the trivet or silicon mat in the room that needs the cleansing burn. Keep it away from flammable items such as fabric or carpeting and make sure there is plenty of space around the pan so it can't ignite anything nearby.
- Say, "Thank you for the complete disintegration of all negative energies, thoughts, and emotions from this space now."
- Light the salt and alcohol with a long wooden match or the taper, keeping your arm and hand well clear of the flame.
- Stand back and allow it to burn completely. Allow the pan to cool before you attempt to remove it. Never leave flames unattended.
Tips for Burning Epsom Salt
When burning the salt, consider the following tips.
- Disable any smoke alarms before attempting the burning cure.
- Clear everything out of the room that could be placed next to the pan.
- Always watch the flame and have a towel or fire extinguisher handy.
- Immediately after the ceremony, open the window and doors for a least an hour to fill your home with new energy.
Use a bowl of Epsom salt as a cure without burning it.
- Fill a small bowl with Epsom salts.
- Place it in the appropriate location.
- Empty and refill the bowl frequently, about once a week or more frequently during times of stress or negative energy.
Epsom Salt Bath for Personal Purification
Another feng shui and Epsom salt cure involves a healing bath. Have ever taken a swim in the ocean? If so, then you know how refreshing it can feel. Bathing in Epsom salts purifies any personal energy issues you may have. Try following up your Epsom salt burn with a bath.
Bathing in Epsom Salts
To recapture that feeling, try these steps:
- Draw a warm bath and put one to two pounds of Epsom salt or sea salt (two to four cups) into the water.
- Add ten drops of lavender essential oil (or any other pleasing scent) to the water.
- Sit and relax in the bath for at last twenty minutes.
- As you relax, make sure that the majority of your body is covered with salt water at some point during the bath.
- While in the tub, visualize healing white light that filling your entire body. From there, visualize this light flushing out all negative emotions and feelings (this can include any physical, mental and/or emotional stress).
- Say, "Thank you for cleansing and healing my whole body now!" three times.
- Pull the plug while you're still in the tub and allow all of the water to drain before you get out and dry off. As the water drains, visualize all of the negative energy going down the drain with the water.
In instances where lounging in a salt bath is not practical, you can also rub the salt over your body (after you've been in the shower for five to ten minutes; this way the body is moist), and rinse off after five to ten minutes.
When to Use Epsom Salts
You can use Epsom salts as a cure any time there is negative energy or whenever you move into a new space. Some instances where this may be appropriate include:
- After negative events, such as illness, money problems, or an argument
- After major life changes, such as changing a job, divorce, moving, or welcoming a new person into the family
- After the loss of a pet or loved one
- If you feel the energy in your space is stuck, stagnant, or negative
- On a regular basis once every week or two just to refresh the energy
- If you've been having excessive nightmares
- During periods of negativity at home, work, or socially
- After you've had a party or houseguests
Epsom Salt Cures
Whether you burn Epsom salts, bathe in them, or keep them in your home to absorb negative energy, these affordable salts can make a huge difference in the chi in your home. They are a powerful force to provide cleansing of spiritual energy whenever you feel you need it.