When building a new home consider function and design to create a feng shui bathroom. You can use the same tips for bathrooms in older homes.
Functions of Your Bathroom
Consider the function of your bathroom before starting and be mindful of all of the activities that take place in this room. To help you get started:
- The bathroom fixtures - The sink, tub, shower and toilet operate to deliver water and then to eliminate the water from the home.
- The toilet is a major fixture that is used entirely for elimination and removing of waste and the water is what takes the waste out of the house.
- The shower, tub and sink are used for cleaning and removing of dirt and debris. They also clear out the personal chi in the washing and cleansing process. Unlike the toilet, there is an element of renewal in these three bathroom fixtures.
Identifying Feng Shui Bathroom Problems
If your home is not new, you can still apply feng shui principles to ensure proper feng shui. This is very important since the bathroom is a room of water. In feng shui, the symbol for money is water and therefore makes this room vital to your overall financial stability.The function of a bathroom is so clearly defined and limited, it's easy to identify any improper feng shui issues.
Improper Feng Shui Symptoms
Improper feng shui can sabotage the rest of your feng shui applications in other rooms of your home. If you've been experiencing any of the following, you'll want to pay close attention to the remedies and cures that can correct negative chi. Some of the things improper feng shui can create:
- Finances wasted or drained
- Flow of cash blocked
- Lost opportunities
- Slow but steady increase in expenses
- Unexpected expenditures
- Abrupt financial losses
- Illness and disease
Proper Feng Shui Results
You'll see a difference in your finances and health once you properly apply feng shui principles your bathrooms.
- Draining of finances stops
- Increase in cash flow
- More opportunities come to you
- Health restored
- Reversal in fortune - Financial losses end.
Flying Stars and the Bathroom
By far, the best star to have fall into the bathroom is nine. This number is also associated with the color purple. Nine is a fire element and the room with the most water is a perfect placement. Two and five stars are not ideal for a bathroom, especially if you have both fall into this sector of your home. The combination forebodes illnesses or accidents related to or within the bathroom. You'll want a feng shui analysis conducted to ascertain these placements for the current year.
New and Old Construction
Consider feng shui principles whether you're building a new home or renovating an older home. You can correct the feng shui of an older home, but it's always easier to apply feng shui principles in new construction.
New Construction Bathroom Location
If you are lucky enough to choose where your bathrooms are located in your home, you can optimize feng shui principles. It's important to know which areas of the home are best suited for a bathroom and those that are the worst places to situate a bathroom.
Bathroom Locations to Avoid
Certain areas in your home aren't suited for bathroom placements:
Near or next to the front door
- Drains chi the moment the energy enters the home.
- Second floor bathrooms directly above a kitchen or front door.
- The kitchen is the hearth's fire. The bathroom element of water extinguishes and damages the health and prosperity a kitchen's chi brings.
Center of home
- Will destabilize entire home's chi energy
- Underneath a staircase
- Wealth, fame and prosperity areas of home
Old Construction Bathroom Remedies and Cures
If you are not lucky enough to decide where your bathroom is located, you can still counter negative chi by applying a feng shui remedy.
Many homes don't have the ideal bathroom placement, but you can counter the bad chi this creates with simple and inexpensive feng shui remedies.
Bathroom Near Front Door
- Hang a full length mirror on the inside of the bathroom door.
- Place a mirror directly opposite the toilet.
- Minimize the powerful negative effects of a toilet - Place fresh flowers or a bowl of pebbles on the tank lid. If this isn't possible, hang a shelf over the tank lid to hold the flowers or bowl. These design elements represent earth which contains water and gives it form.
Feng Shui Bathroom Colors
Color schemes can assist in deflecting and minimizing negative bathroom chi.
- Prevent loss of wealth by adding either a black or red bath rug around the base of the toilet. These colors draw fire which counters the effect of too much water.
- Light or pale blue
- If your bathroom is located in the center of the house:
- Paint the bathroom red to counter the shar chi (negative or bad chi).
- Place in each corner of the bathroom a large stone, crystal, pottery, vase, statue, or other object that represents an earth element. This stabilizes the bathroom's strong water elements.
- If your bathroom has a toilet closet, then hang a full length mirror on the inside of the door. This gives the illusion of a hidden or invisible toilet and makes excellent feng shui for a bathroom.
Quick Bathroom Checklist
Bathrooms are places to create good hygiene and poor feng shui care can create poor health and bad finances.
- Clean bathroom, especially the toilet, regularly
- Keep it organized
- Keep the door closed
- Keep toilet lid closed
- Repair leaky faucets
- Repair running toilet
- Replace torn shower curtains
- Replace worn toothbrushes
- Tighten loose doorknobs
- Clean mirrors and windows regularly
Assure Good Health and Stable Finances
Your feng shui bathroom is more than a necessity to your life, it's vital to your health and financial stability.