Feng shui goals are most often focused on attracting good luck and positive energy. Chinese good luck charms are a popular and engaging way to draw good luck and good fortune into your life. For every type of luck, there is a charm. In feng shui, every type of luck and good chi energy is activated through good placement. Finding the perfect Chinese good luck charm that works for your lifestyle and the luck you desire is the first step to attracting good fortune.
Feng Shui Good Luck Charms List
The abundance of Chinese good luck charms and symbols ensures that you can find one that feels right for you. It's important to choose good luck charms that encourage a positive attitude, as this will help to enhance your efforts. If you have a specific type of luck that you need, you can use two lucky objects together to attract exactly the type of luck you'd like to activate.
Lucky Charms for Longevity, Health, and Home
In feng shui, good luck symbols for longevity, health, and home are popular for both their luck and their appearance. Any of these good luck charms make a beautiful addition to your home or office.
- Foo dogs: These Imperial Guardian Lions, also called Fu Dogs, were placed outside homes of the wealthy. They served as status symbols of the Imperial palaces and temples and are considered protectors. Place a pair outside the front entrance of your home to protect against negative forces.
- Turtle: The turtle protects your home with the powerful energy of everlasting abundance.
- Pine tree: Symbolizing the strength and ability to survive hardships, the pine tree also bestows the same traits upon you.
- Crane: The crane is a favorite symbol of harmony and long life, and when placed in pairs, they enhance love luck.
Good Luck Charms for Money
If you're seeking symbols that bring good luck to draw the energy of abundance and prosperity to you, then these charms will aid you. Using a simple bagua map, you can find the best placement to activate these good luck symbols for money.
- Red envelope: Ang Pow (Red Envelope) was a brave young man who killed a dragon that was terrorizing his village. The villagers collected money and placed it inside a red envelope, and they gave it to him out of gratitude. The modern versions have one coin inside a sealed red envelope that's decorated with various symbols of blessings, good fortune, and prosperity. Carry it in your purse, or place it in the wealth and abundance sector as good luck items for money.
- Chinese coins: Wealth is often symbolized by objects like coins, and they are the most powerful good luck charm for money. The coins are often tied together with a mystic knot, as good luck symbols for money. Place in your wealth sector to activate money luck.
- Three-legged toad: The three-legged toad is very auspicious for attracting wealth. Many of these statues come with a Chinese coin in the toad's mouth. Make sure the coin side with the Chinese characters is facing up. Place the toad in the wealth sector, facing into the room, and never facing an outside door.
- Dragon: The dragon charm brings career luck your way when placed in your career sector. It strengthens your position within your company and infuses leadership qualities in you.
- Phoenix: The phoenix is a remedy whenever used with a dragon to balance yin and yang energies. The phoenix (yin) helps create a new life by rising from the ashes. It is great for the fame and recognition sector.
- Money tree: This plant has round leaves that resemble the shape of coins. Place in your career or wealth and prosperity sector.
- Goldfish: The goldfish is used to attract money like a magnet. It is a great gift to someone you wish will receive abundance and wealth.
- Laughing Buddha: The happiness and spiritual wealth of the Buddha grants you the energy to attract material wealth.
- Crystals: Crystals placed in the knowledge and self-cultivation sector ensure success in educational matters, especially all types of exams.
- Mystic knot: This is the best lucky charm for money and is created by tying six infinity knots together in a figure eight. You can find these tied through coins, charms, amulets, and other feng shui symbols and good luck items. The mystic knot brings never-ending good fortune and a happy life.
What Brings Good Luck in Love?
A happy home means good relationships. These objects that bring good luck in the house can help sustain your relationships. Place any of these in the love and relationship sector of your home or bedroom to ensure love continues to grow.
- Mandarin ducks: Place a pair of statues in your bedroom or pictures of two ducks on your bedroom wall.
- Red lanterns: Suspend red lanterns around your bed to bring martial good luck and longevity, especially if you are newlyweds.
- Peony: This flower supports longevity in your marriage. Use a photo, painting, or ceramic peony in your bedroom to activate.
- Rose quartz: Wear rose quartz or place in your bedroom for love and passion.
Good Luck Charms for Career
If you need a little extra boost for success in business or education, a good luck charm can help.
- Business: The ox is a sacred animal that's believed to grant wishes. Place one in your career sector of home or office as a good luck charm for success.
- Scholastic: Wear or carry a charm featuring scholastic symbols of good luck, such as the carp, dragon, or dragon horse.
- Gold ingot: Place gold ingots in the wealth sector of your home or office for wealth luck.
Good Luck Charms for Selling a House
There are several charms you can use when it comes to attracting good luck in selling a house. You can place these charms in the wealth sector of your home. These include:
- Coins: Use a three-legged toad with a Chinese coin in its mouth, or three coins tied together with a red ribbon for auspicious symbols of wealth.
- Cinnabar: Chinese luck charms carved from cinnabar will absorb and transform any negative energy that may be blocking the sale of your home.
- Jade: Select a good luck charm, such as a laughing Buddha or dragon carved from jade.
Personal Good Luck Charms
Choose good luck symbols that are specific to you to maximize their personal luck power:
- Birthstones: Wear your birthstone in a piece of jewelry or on a keyring.
- Chinese zodiac sign: There are many ways you can use your Chinese zodiac sign (animal), such as a pendant, wall art, or keyring fob. This can also serve as a guardian animal to protect you.
- Kua number: The kua number is one of your most powerful good luck symbols. You can wear or carry your kua number, display it in your car, or place it on your home office desk as a powerful good luck symbol.
Good Luck Home Decor
These good fortune symbols attract several kinds of good luck, and they can be effortlessly added to your home decor to enhance positive luck energy.
- Lucky bamboo: This attractive plant has many good luck meanings, depending on the number of stalks in your arrangement, and can be placed throughout your home.
- Turtle dragon (dragon tortoise): A turtle dragon is a strong Chinese good luck charm for a home, and it can attract good luck.
- Elephant: You can place an elephant with an upraised trunk to trumpet success in any feng shui sector.
- Peach: The peach offers protection and longevity, and can be a beautiful addition to kitchen or dining room decor.
Feng Shui Elements Boost Good Luck Charms
Each lucky charm is associated with one of the five feng shui elements, through their materials or through their symbolism. The benefit of using the charm is more powerful when the charm material is compatible with the element assigned to the sector where it will be used.