In feng shui application, charms can be used to enhance your best directions for wealth, work, sleep, marriage, family, health and so on. A list of good luck charms helps you find the ones you need to weaken shar (bad) chi and strengthen good chi in your home, office or garden. You want to also consider what material is used for the charm, such as metal or wood before attempting to use it as a cure for an afflicted feng shui compass direction.
Feng Shui Good Luck Charms
The abundance of good luck symbols ensures that you can find one you'll like. You can select from charms that draw good health to you and others that bring a long prosperous life.
You can use two charms together, such as one for a long healthy life and another for a prosperous life.
Happy Life and Much Fortune
Most of the symbols of good luck also bring wealth. Everyone wants to be happy, and most of the feng shui symbols work by themselves or in combination with other symbols to manifest both.
- Mystic knot: This foremost good luck charm is created by tying six infinity knots (a figure 8) together. You can find these tied through coins, charms, amulets and other feng shui symbols. The mystic knot brings never-ending good fortune and a happy life. They work best when placed in southwest or southeast sector.
Longevity, Health, Home
To enjoy your good fortune, you're going to need good health and time. You can find various lucky charms for this kind of luck specific to health, long life, and a prosperous home.
- Fu dogs: These Imperial Guardian Lions were placed outside homes of the wealthy. They served as status symbols of the Imperial palaces and temple and protectors. Place a pair outside the front entrance of your home to protect against burglary and theft.
Use these as ceramic or wood objects or framed paintings and place in the east sector:
- Turtle: The turtle protects your home with powerful energy of everlasting abundance.
- Pine tree: Symbolizing the strength and ability to survive hardships, the pine tree also bestows the same traits to you.
- Crane: The crane is a favorite symbol of harmony and long life.
- Peach: The peach offers protection and longevity.
Abundance and Prosperity
If you're seeking symbols to draw the energy of abundance and prosperity to you, then theses charms will aid you. Place any of these in the indicated sector of your home and office.
- Red envelope: Ang Pow (Red Envelope) was a brave young man who killed a dragon terrorizing his village. The villagers collected money and placed it inside a red envelope, and they gave it to him out of gratitude. The modern versions have one coin inside a sealed red envelope that's decorated with various symbols of blessings, good fortune, and prosperity. Carry in your purse or place in southeast.
- Chinese coins: Wealth is often symbolized by objects like coins. Use only coins minted during the reign of a good emperor. The coins are often tied together with a mystic knot. Place in southeast.
- Three-legged toad: The three-legged toad is very auspicious for attracting wealth. Many of these statues come with a Chinese coin in the toad's mouth. Make sure the coin side with the Chinese characters is facing up. Place the toad in southeast sector, facing into the room, and never facing an outside door.
- Dragon: The dragon (yang) charm brings career luck your way. It strengthens your position within your company and imbues leadership qualities in you. Place in north sector.
- Phoenix: The phoenix is a remedy whenever used with a dragon to balance yin and yang energies. The phoenix (yin) helps create a new life by rising from the ashes. It is great for south sector for fame and recognition luck.
- Money tree: This plant has round leaves that resemble the shape of coins. Place in east or southeast sector of your home.
- Goldfish: The goldfish is used to attract money like a magnet. It is a great gift to someone you wish will receive abundance and wealth. Place it in the north or southeast sector of home.
- Laughing Buddha: The happiness and spiritual wealth of the Buddha grants you material wealth. When placed in the west sector, it grants health and wealth to your children.
- Crystals: Crystals placed in northeast sector ensures success in educational matters, especially all types of exams.
Love and Good Relationships
A happy home means good relationships. These good luck symbols can help sustain your relationships. Place any of these in the southwest sector of your home or bedroom to ensure love continues to grow. If you're seeking a spouse, these will help you to attract true love.
- Mandarin duck: Place a pair of statues in your bedroom or pictures of two ducks on your bedroom wall.
- Red lanterns: Suspended red lanterns around your bed to bring martial good luck and longevity, especially if you're newlyweds.
- Peony: This flower promises longevity of your marriage. Use a photo, painting, or ceramic peony in your bedroom to activate.
- Rose quartz: Wear rose quartz or place in your bedroom for love and passion.
Additional Good Luck Charms
These symbols are also said to bring various kinds of luck:
- Ox: The ox is a sacred animal that's believed to grant wishes. Place one in north sector of home or office for business success.
- Lucky bamboo: This plant has many good luck meanings, depending on the number of stalks in your arrangement. Grow your luck by setting it in the east or southeast sector of your home.
- Gold ingot: Place gold ingots in the southeast sector of your home or office for luck in wealth.
- Turtle dragon (dragon tortoise): A turtle dragon in the north sector of your home or office attracts wealth and success.
Elements and Directions Matter in Luck
A list of good luck charms must also take into consideration the five elements that govern each direction. For example, the element of the north direction is water, west and northwest are metal, east and southeast are wood, southwest and northwest are earth and south is fire. The benefit of using the charm is more powerful when the charm material is compatible with the element assigned to the sector you want to use it in.