Using a bagua map of feng shui bedroom areas helps to make needed changes that create a restful sanctuary that is harmonious and attracts positive energy.
What is a bagua map?
A bagua map is a diagram that you lay over the plan of a designated area, such as a house, a room or a garden. The map divides the area into nine sections with each of the sections corresponding to a specific aspect of your life. Energy, either auspicious or inauspicious, flows through the area. The feng shui bagua acts as a blueprint indicating the areas that need changes that will create a free flow of positive chi.
The nine aspects of life and the square, or gua, that corresponds to each life area include:
- Prosperity, wealth and blessings - The left-hand square of the top row
- Reputation, fame and self aspiration - The center square of the top row
- Love, marriage, family and friends - The right-hand square of the top row
- Ancestors, immediate family, work superiors and health - The left-hand square of the middle row
- You as the center of all aspects of your life, your health, unity - The center square of the middle row
- Creativity and children - The right-hand square of the middle row
- Self cultivation, knowledge and intuition - The left-hand square of the bottom row
- Life path, career and soul purpose - The center square of the bottom row
- Spiritual guides, personal support system and helpful friends, travel - The right-hand square of the bottom row
How to Make a Map of Feng Shui Bedroom Areas
The first step to making a bagua map of a bedroom is sketching the outline of the room. Draw the wall that has the entry doorway into the room as the lower line. Then overlay the bagua map onto the room outline, making sure to align the doorway into the room along the lower line of the guas. The doorway will be in one of the three lower squares of the bagua:
- Self cultivation, knowledge and intuition
- Life path, career and soul purpose
- Spiritual guides, personal support system and helpful friends, travel
Most western practitioners of feng shui interpret the bagua based on the position of the main entryway of a house or the main doorway into a room. The direction you face when you enter the doorway is considered directional north. Practitioners in other parts of the world generally base the placement of the bagua on the compass direction of north.
Additional Resources for Using a Bagua Map of a Bedroom
- Feng Shui Vibes - Provides a detailed explanation on placing a bagua over various floor plans.
- Circle of Light -This website provides printable bagua maps for practitioners of eastern and western methods of feng shui.
- Feng Shui Palace- Provides an excellent feng shui bagua color chart.
The Feng Shui Bedroom
Whether a bedroom belongs to a child, a single person or a couple, it should nourish the spirit, body and mind by creating a flow of positive energy. A feng shui bedroom is a place of dreams, calm and rest.
Using the Bagua Map to Strengthen Life Areas
Using your bedroom bagua map you can make the needed changes to each area of the room to strengthen the specific life aspect. The following are examples of objects that draw energy into a specific area.
- Self development tools
- Images to support your fulfilled career goal
- Items that are water related
- Family heirlooms
- Family photographs
- Children and creativity
- Art supplies
- Travel and helpful people
- Pictures of helpers
- Pictures of your older relatives
- Prosperity and wealth
- Reputation or fame
- Love, relationships and romance
- Oval or round mirrors
- Pictures of loved ones
- Objects such as candles, statues or crystals paired in twos
- The center should be as open as possible to promote the free flow of chi
The following articles from Love to Know provide additional information on feng shui for bedrooms:
- How to Feng Shui the Bedroom
- Feng Shui Bedroom Tips
- How to Feng Shui the Bedroom: Career Money
- Feng Shui for Bedroom to Help Career Reputation
A map of feng shui bedroom areas allows you to make the necessary changes to bring harmony and happiness to all aspects of your life.