Based on ancient Vedic Traditions and the principles of Natural Law, Maharishi Sthapatya Veda involves the building and restructuring of the entire world, therefore creating a Global Country of World Peace.
What is Maharishi Sthapatya Veda?
Vastu Vidya of Maharishi Sthapatya Veda, also known as Maharishi Vedic architecture and Mararishi Vastu, is a method of architecture where all of the buildings are in complete harmony with the Natural Law of the Universe. Maharishi Vedic architecture accomplishes this through ensuring that each particle of matter is in exact and perfect harmony with every other particle that exists in nature and its environment. One must consider everything in the universe. The moon, sun, planets and stars must be in perfect harmony with the equator and north and south poles.
When places of business, homes, schools and even entire communities, towns and countries are built according to this ancient architectural system, this perfect harmony is achieved. Then, every person's life and intelligence is connected to Cosmic Life and Cosmic Intelligence. It is the creation of ideal living conditions, an actual heaven on earth.
Followers of this system of Vastu Vidya architecture believe that humanity has the opportunity to live permanently in a completely happy and healthy community by building residences, commercial and institutional buildings following the Natural Laws of building. They believe this system is the will of God and will create auspicious living environments and peace on earth on a permanent basis.
His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and the Resurgence of the Ancient Traditions
Well known as the founder of the Transcendental Meditation Program in 1957, His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is responsible for bringing the ancient Vedic Traditions of Natural Law to the forefront in 1993. This resurgence of Vedic architecture is known as the Dawn of the Vedic Civilization.
Fundamental Principles of Maharishi Sthapatya Veda
The following are the basic principles of Vedic Architecture.
- Everything must be in perfect harmony with everything else in the universe.
- The proper orientation of the direction of everything is essential - For example the direction in which the main entrance of a building faces determines the direction the entire building faces.
- Compass directions - There are eight possible compass directions and only two of them, north and east, have an auspicious effect and influence. Buildings with inauspicious directions cause illness, unhappiness and financial problems in society.
- Every activity that takes place in the house must have an ideal place - This is based on the energies of the sun and how it affects the house.
- Every structure has a Brahmasthan - This is a special place known as the seat of wholeness, which is the open central point.
- All mathematical calculations and proportions are auspicious - They are calculated based on the general proportions of the physiology of humans and the physiology of the Cosmic Universe. The mathematical formulas used are those of the ancient Vedic Traditions.
- It is important to use as much natural material as possible - Nothing used should contain toxic ingredients. The areas should be free of electro-magnetic fields, which are harmful to humans. This includes high tension lines, microwave ovens and microwave towers.
Similarities Between Vedic Architecture and Feng Shui
One of the main similarities of Vedic architecture and basic feng shui principles include the positioning of a structure on the building to ensure auspicious direction. Two additional important similarities involve keeping homes and places of business clear of clutter and living in harmony with nature.
Examples of Vedic Homes, Businesses and Communities
Throughout the world there are many structures and communities built in accordance to Natural Law. Click on the following links to view a selection of these buildings.
- A Veda communit in Maharishi Vedic City, Iowa
- A Veda home in Fairfield, Iowa
- Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center
Where to Learn More About Maharishi Sthapatya Veda
The following websites provide additional information and resources concerning Maharishi Sthapatya Veda beliefs, principles and communities.
- View the proposed plans of an ideal Vedic community at www.sthapatyaved.com.
- To read more about the vision of His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, visit Fortune Creating Homes USA.
- Maharishi Vastu Architecture
- To learn more about the life and achievements of His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi visit Vedic Vibrations.
Vedic architecture, known as Maharishi Sthapatya Veda, follows the ancient traditions of Natural Law. Followers of His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and people that believe in the principles of Natural Law, feel that living or working in a Vedic structure makes their life happier and healthier. They believe these communities have the potential of creating a world of living in heaven on earth.